Friday, April 9, 2021
Special education will be the focus of six information sessions presented virtually by Milwaukee Public Schools in April and May. This free event is designed for families to learn more about special education services, programs, and opportunities.
All workshops will be hosted from 6:00 to 7:30 P.M. on Zoom. Families can attend all sessions or select topics of interest to them.
Note that all Tuesday night sessions will be presented in English and all Wednesday night sessions will be presented in Spanish.
- Tuesday, April 20/Wednesday, April 21: Know your rights and responsibilities and learn what services schools are required to provide.
- Tuesday, April 27/Wednesday, April 28: Understand Response to Intervention (RtI) for reading and academics and how to support school efforts to ensure your child builds knowledge and skills.
- Tuesday, May 4/Wednesday, May 5: Support positive behavior and conduct while learning about discipline policies and how to effectively redirect your child’s interactions and communication.
- Tuesday, May 11/Wednesday, May 12: Prepare your child for the future with a strong Individualized Education Program (IEP) that equips your child with the resources, supports, encouragement, and advocacy to thrive.
- Tuesday, May 18/Wednesday, May 19: Connect with your child’s teachers to create consistency and work together to make decisions that provide clear direction, resources, and affirmation/praise for achievements.
- Tuesday, May 25/Wednesday, May 26: Help ensure graduation by setting a good example, getting involved in your child’s education, and holding a strong vision and expectation for success.
To register, visit https://tinyurl.com/SELIF2021.
Download a flyer for more information.
For questions, contact Monica Lopez at (414) 902-8434 or email@example.com.